Tuesday 28 July 2015

Amputated

Last night, I slept after Maghrib prayer and woke up to a call from Inchik S at around 2 a.m.

"Didn't you read my whatsapp?"
"Nope, I was asleep and woke up thanks to you."
"Farid got into an accident. His leg was amputated."

I had no response to that, dumbfounded I was. In a blink of an eye, a pass of a second, a person's life change.

"I don't know, man. I have no words for him except how sorry and bad I am for him. The sympathy we feel is not the same as the burden he is carrying. Really."

We ended our call and continue to chat through whatsapp messenger.

I was worried. Inchik S also goes to work riding his motorcycle. He lives in the mainland of Penang commuting everyday, crossing the bridge to get to his bank where he works at the Island part of Penang. It is indeed very far. Even before I came back to KL, he was telling me how he almost got into an accident.

"Please be extra careful. Buy a car, please. It's not that you couldn't afford it."
"Haha, if things are meant to happen, it happens."
"Amboi, senangnya cakap. Benda tak jadi kat hang boleh la."

I was furious of course. He didn't know. He never felt the pain of being sick, of taking care of sick people, of being unable to be true to oneself, of being not good enough. He is oblivious.

I could only wish Farid to be healthy again, to not lose hope and have faith. There is always a silver lining behind every cloud. I wish Inchik S the same too.

1 comment:

  1. Amir feel sorry for what happened to your dear friend and hope he can make it...and banyak bersabar di atas ujian Tuhan nie...yerlah...what can we do...nothing much...cume berdoa jer supaya dia tabah..berat mata memandang, berat lagi bahu yang memikul...

    ReplyDelete